Quality maintenance, servicing, and timely crane repair is essential to keep your crane running safely and efficiently.
At SuperService™, we recommend that our customers have their equipment inspected by a qualified technician regularly to avoid unnecessary damage or breakdowns.
Between inspections, it is important to regularly monitor your equipment and keep an eye out for signs of failure or impending failure. Repair issues can quickly become a safety issue prior to your annual inspection; it is imperative that you avoid any safety issues at all costs.
So what should you look for?
- Excessive Wear – Cracks, distortion, or significant wear can compromise the safety and performance of your crane.
- Shiny Surfaces – Shiny surfaces in your moving parts could be a sign of abrasion – slow erosion of your equipment due to friction and wear. Regular preventative maintenance includes identifying any areas we believe are susceptible to abrasion and resolving these quickly before issues arise.
- Corrosion – Corrosion can cause loss of strength, compromised systems, and integrity. Bolts, rivets, and other fasteners should be checked to ensure they are not loose, failed, or significantly corroded.
- Leaking Engines –Combustion engines should be inspected for safety-related problems such as leaking exhaust and ensuring the proper operation of emergency shut-down features. If you notice any fluids leaking from your heavy equipment, give us a call.
- Leaking or Blistering Hoses – Many cranes have a variety of hydraulic, pneumatic, and otherwise pressurized hoses. These hoses and their fittings should be regularly inspected for any indications that a leak may be present.
- Leaking Cylinders – Cylinders should be checked for creeping. Rod seals and welded joints should be inspected for leaks as well.
- Check Related Equipment – All related equipment should also be regularly checked to ensure correct functionality and safely.
Super-tip: Always listen for any changes in the noise that your crane, or related equipment, makes during usage – this could require further inspection to identify the root cause.
A machine not working to its full potential is potentially costing you time and money. The team at SuperService™ are here to work with you to keep you moving.
Give us a call to discuss your specific servicing and maintenance needs. We have dedicated workshops and mobile service technicians available in Brisbane and the Greater Brisbane region and can create a unique service and maintenance plan for your machinery.
Call SuperService™ on 1300 895 895 or visit www.sservice.com.au